Our Broadway San Jose
Safe and Clean Commitment
As Broadway San Jose looks to our future reopening, the health and safety of our Patrons and our Community is the highest priority.
By closely monitoring industry and government guidance regarding the COVID-19 virus, including information supplied by the California Department of Public Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Santa Clara County Department of Public Health,we are implementing additional guidelines and procedures for sanitation, cleaning, and testing with an emphasis on the prevention of transmission of respiratory illnesses. When complete, we will be documenting specific initiatives that we are undertaking in response to the 2020 world pandemic.
Our Broadway San Jose Safe and Clean Commitment was designed to enhance safety and minimize risk for our Patrons, the Cast, Crew and Performers of the national tours we host, and all of our Broadway San Jose Team Members. It ensures the hygiene and sanitation practices of our Theatres meet or exceed regulatory requirements and the recommendations of the CDC. This commitment also includes new cleanliness protocols that meet or exceed our already rigorous standards.
These protocols are based on the most current information available on sanitization and cleanliness for the live entertainment venue and hospitality industry, as well as other pertinent industries. As we move forward, we will continue to monitor guidelines from the CDC, state and county, for the latest public health innovations to continually update these procedures.
Our Broadway San Jose Safe and Clean Commitment covers all of the lobbies, seating areas, stage, backstage, concession areas, and administrative offices at Broadway San Jose.
Examples of our enhanced health and safety protocols are:
- Until further notice, all patrons will be required to wear masks at all times when inside the theatre
- Training for all staff members on safe and clean procedures
- Defined procedures for frequent cleaning and disinfection of targeted areas
- Easy access to handwashing facilities and hand sanitizers for guests and staff members
- Frequent cleaning and monitoring of all high-touch areas before, during, and after shows
- End-of-show sanitation procedures for the entire venue
- Requesting guests and staff to stay home if they are feeling ill